About Virginia Sea Grant
Virginia Sea Grant (VASG) advances the resilience and sustainability of Virginia’s coastal and marine ecosystems and the communities that depend upon them. As a broker of scientific information, VASG works with resource managers, businesses, communities, and other stakeholders to provide and apply the best science available.
VASG funds and conducts research, outreach, and communications activities that focus on
- Safe & Sustainable Seafood (Fisheries & Aquaculture and Seafood Products & Safety)
- Healthy Coastal & Marine Ecosystems
- Sustainable & Resilient Coastal Communities
- Coastal & Ocean Literacy
The Virginia Sea Grant Research and Administration offices are based at Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS) in Gloucester Point, VA. Our extension staff are located in the VIMS Marine Advisory Services Department and at Virginia Tech’s Virginia Seafood Agricultural Research and Extension Center (VSAREC) in Hampton, VA.
2010-2014 Strategic Plan
- Policy Oversight Board (POV)
- Research and Education Advisory Committee (REAC)
- External Advisory Committee (EAC)